In the language of the Wurundjeri people Bundap Marram Durn-durn means good mind and body. This is what we are trying to help each Working Mum participant and her family to achieve and maintain.
The Working Mums – Bundap Marram Durn-Durn program provides individually tailored support. This includes; career pathways, social emotional and physical well-being, dealing with grief, loss and trauma, developing and managing a household budget, developing support networks, managing family and community expectations and commitments and maintaining a work/life balance.
The program is designed, managed and staffed by Aboriginal women. Programs are available to participants, their children and partners in order to ensure that family relationships are maintained and enhanced, gender roles and stereotypes are overcome and family violence is minimised. The support program is confidential.
For many Aboriginal families with no history of family employment, maintaining this balance and staying in a job feels like it is an impossible task.
Bundap Marram Durn-Durn supports Aboriginal women:
- in the workforce;
- who are the primary carers of their family members and who want to enter the workforce for the first time;
- returning to the workforce after starting a family;
- starting up their own business.
We will help you:
- to maintain a healthy lifestyle;
- to manage your physical and emotional well-being;
- balance family and work commitments;
- remain safe and supported at home and in the community;
- manage a household budget; and
- make sure your children are safe and cared for while you are at work.
We understand that maintaining culture is essential to staying in a job and we will support your workplace to implement and maintain culturally safe practices.
Practices that include actions which recognise and respect your cultural identity and safely meet your needs, while at the same time not diminishing your own culture.
Participants in this program will also be able to access our ‘Aboriginal Employee Assistance Program’ free of charge to your employer.
Ph: 03 9071 3317